PoCoG aims to improve outcomes for people affected by cancer by:
- Developing and facilitating high quality, collaborative and clinically relevant research that focuses on interventions and services to optimise psychosocial and supportive care.
- Providing expert advice, resources and support to researchers and health professionals to increase collaboration and innovation in psycho-oncology research.
- Bringing together researchers, clinicians, health care professionals and consumers to share ideas and form new collaborations and networks
- Developing national research capacity and collaborations to conduct large-scale, multi-centre research of clinical relevance and importance, which would be difficult for a single team to undertake
- Encouraging and collaborating with cooperative cancer trials groups to include psychosocial or quality of life sub-studies in existing and planned research